1. Do you provide an agenda for each meeting?
2. Do you start a meeting at the time you specified?
3. Do you end the meeting at the time specified or does it go over?
4. Do you make sure to invite the right people to the meeting, in other words is a key player missing from the meeting?
5. Do you have visuals and handouts so that the information can be processed by different types of learners?
The more yes’s you answered above the more likely you will have an effective meeting. If you set aside time to plan ahead you can create an effective meeting. How are you doing in this area? Think about the above questions and jot down your thoughts. Are you pleased with the outcomes of the meetings that you have set up?
To more fully investigate these issues, please read the accompanying article: Running a Meeting